• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Groups

Our FLGS
UK Bloggers Group
Tale of Painters
Bell of Lost Souls, Warhammer and Wargames News
From the Warp

Followers

Follow by Email

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Sanguinis Extremis

A Horus Heresy Project

Mordheim Campaign 2013

Follow the story of a Marienburg Warband

Minotuars

A Space Marine Project

Warmahordes

Tactics, Modelling and Painting with Privateer Press

Word Bearers

A Chaos Space Marine Project

WIP - Horus Heresy Blood Angels

  
Myself and a group of other gamers from the FLGS are starting a Tale of X Gamers motivational army challenge as of the 1/5/13. I shall be explaining this further on Monday (which will sort of be the unofficial starting date) but I had already been working on some models and wanted to get them ready for the start date so today I have a sneak peek to show off.


Above is my take on FWs Horus Heresy Champion model. I thought it was an expensive model to buy just to hack up to fit the Blood Angel look. I might take another crack at this at some point but for now he serves the purpose.


Beyond unit markings I have not worked with freehand designs a great deal so I am trying to work on that with this army. However, I think I have missed the mark with the above and shall need to stylize the X to make it look a little prettier.. also weathering powders shall help the overall look.


A closer look at the first grunts of my Horus Heresy Blood Angels. As a friend noted they are all standing on rocks.. the rest of the army wont be :D just got carried away with this first group I guess.


Now for something slightly different... I ordered a Painting Station from Hobby Zone and at the price they were asking for I was shocked at the quality. This is cheaper than the GW one I have been using for a few years and I am annoyed I did not find this sooner. If you are looking for a paint station this is definitely worth a look.

- Martok

5 comments:

  1. Great Paintstation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those look awesome, the BA are my favourite Marine chapter of all time.

    Pre-Heresy is a bit restricting though! You can't use all the cool newer stuff :(

    That paint station also rocks, I just can't get that site to change over to English though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey that is pretty weird.. I can't make it change to polish lol

      My theory with the pre heresy stuff is that I can run either with the FW Betrayal book or the BA dex for 40k. I am magnetizing any options that I think would not work for both... hopefully it will pan out as a good idea. In the end though its tactical marines, jump marines, devastators, contemptors and sang guard so it _should_ work either way.

      Delete
  3. Ohh very nice. I started building all my jump marines with Sanguinary Guard jump packs for my army just for the look.

    That sounds awesome though, had a look at your Contemptor, any progress on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah the Contemptor is still in line to be finished but these guys distracted me :D he will be next after some modelling work.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.