• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Groups

Our FLGS
UK Bloggers Group
Tale of Painters
Bell of Lost Souls, Warhammer and Wargames News
From the Warp

Followers

Follow by Email

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Sanguinis Extremis

A Horus Heresy Project

Mordheim Campaign 2013

Follow the story of a Marienburg Warband

Minotuars

A Space Marine Project

Warmahordes

Tactics, Modelling and Painting with Privateer Press

Word Bearers

A Chaos Space Marine Project

Hobby - Resin Casting


I have been trying my hand at messing with silicone. It's messy and a lot of fun. However, you really need to plan ahead. This post I shall go over my resin casting experience and what I will be doing differently. I forgot to take any pics while working with the silicone (I was far too busy being confused) but I promise to cover this after reworking my design to cast.




So above is the silicone mould, I had made myself a small wall section out of plasticard and styrofoam that I wished to cast. Unfortunately  after casting this I have realised the design does not quite work and I shall be reworking this before making a new mould.


We mix up equal parts of Resin A and Resin B. These heat up and pretty quickly we pour this into our mould.



Half an hour later it's cured and we have the above resin wall section :) It actually is this simple. The mould process hwoever is much more painful (especially two piece moulds....)

- Martok

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.