Warmahordes - Legion of Everblight army list

by - 11:16


Greetings again galaxy, at this silly time of the morning on Christmas eve (it's 4:50 am, by the corpse Emperor that arrived fast, where did December go?) I though, what else is there to do but think of my most hated army and see what the world thinks of it.
This is a 35 point Legion of Everblight army that I have been using for some time now, with a fairly high level of success.

I have been playing Warmachine/Hordes for a long time now, since the first year that it was at Salute and me and a friend picked up a couple of starter armies in fact, and of all the forces I have played (Cryx, Cygnar, Khador, Circle Orbos) my Legion army is by far my favourite and most powerful (pics to follow soon).
So without further wiff waff, here is the list;

Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight
Teraph
Shredder
Stinger
Angelus
Carnivean

Blighted Ogrun Warspears (leader & 2 grunts)
Shepherd
Strider Deathstalker
Warmonger War Chief

Total = 40 (35, +5 for Thagrosh)

The army plays in a rather mobile way, and does rely a bit on the fact that one of the 2 heavy warbeasts will be able to crack whatever defense my opponent uses to layer up their caster, or their most dangerous unit, on a suicide run.  Then Thagrosh will bring it back, and it is reliable for keeping his fury levels high when combined with his abilities.  The warspears and war chief work together, with the war chief acting as a buffer for the unit, and his power in CC mean that most units cannot make it to the warspears, whilst the Deathstalker is able to deal with most solo's and small units, or at least keep them honest so that they cannot do any tricks that would cause the rest of the army problems.  Charging straight at Thagrosh is not normally a good idea either, he's no slouch in CC and a swing of Rapture to a charging enemy doesn't normally leave enough to get a second swing.
Martok is not a fan of Thagrosh, I think I've been sworn at more for using this character than anyone else, but its worth it for the power he brings to the table, and his very useful feat.


So galaxy, what do you think of the list and the ideas behind it?  There is a 50 point list that will be revealed soon, I just want to get a game in against Martok before it is revealed.
Let me know in the comments below, and I hope you all have a great Christmas, and that Santa brings you all the models you wanted.

- Gormag


You May Also Like

0 comments

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.