• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Groups

Our FLGS
UK Bloggers Group
Tale of Painters
Bell of Lost Souls, Warhammer and Wargames News
From the Warp

Followers

Follow by Email

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Sanguinis Extremis

A Horus Heresy Project

Mordheim Campaign 2013

Follow the story of a Marienburg Warband

Minotuars

A Space Marine Project

Warmahordes

Tactics, Modelling and Painting with Privateer Press

Word Bearers

A Chaos Space Marine Project

WIP - Basing Necrons

Basing Necrons - Army

With the Throne of Blades Tournament just over a week away I have been trying to finish off the army I am taking. I am currently basing the Necron army. 



Basing Necrons - Nemesor Zandrekh

So far I have just managed to paint the bases and add some sand/rock mix. I shall be moving on to washing the basing material to bring it back down and then likely drybrush them. First I shall get the wash down so they are actually ready for the tournament at least.

Basing Necrons - Vargard Obyron

I also picked up the GW basing kit with the Crystals to add that authentic Necron look. Above you can see Vargard Obyron and I have just noticed a mistake with the painting on his blade.. guess I shall have to fix that as well.

Basing Necrons - Cryptek

This guy is a Necron Lord model but I am using him as a Cryptek We shall just pretend the Res Orb is just some other crazy tech. Again I need to finish something else with this guy as the OSL hasn't been done on the Res Orb yet.

Basing Necrons - Wraiths

With the Wraiths I thought I could play with some bigger Crystals then those used for basing the rest of the Necron Army. I picked up the Battlefield in a box Crystals from Gale Force 9 which look the part. Unfortunately the shade of green with these crystals is lighter than the GW ones. This means adding some glazing and maybe a gloss varnish to try and get them more like the GW ones.

These guys are almost complete bar the Necron Destroyer Lords but I have some time set aside next week to really do them justice. I am hoping that the weekend will be kind and I shall get some of the above finished and ready for a Showcase photo shoot. The I can put up some posts running you all through the finished army.

- Martok

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.