• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Groups

Our FLGS
UK Bloggers Group
Tale of Painters
Bell of Lost Souls, Warhammer and Wargames News
From the Warp

Followers

Follow by Email

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Sanguinis Extremis

A Horus Heresy Project

Mordheim Campaign 2013

Follow the story of a Marienburg Warband

Minotuars

A Space Marine Project

Warmahordes

Tactics, Modelling and Painting with Privateer Press

Word Bearers

A Chaos Space Marine Project

PIP - Fallen Angel Typhus Conversion


A friend from the FLGS wanted some count as characters made for his Fallen Dark Angel army which uses the Chaos Space Marine Codex. I offered to do these for him and first up is a Typhus conversion.



The conversion includes some scrathbuilt parts most notably the Scythe, As this was my first time trying to carve a blade this was an interesting experience but I am happy with the result. I also made the key ring of skulls... totem.. thing as a representation of the Destroyer Hive, Typhus has. This was achieved with the flail from the Death Wing Knight box (a kit used throughout the conversion) with some skulls and a wire "key chain" added.


Thus far I have managed to finish the airbrush work on the armour but I will need to go in with a brush to add some highlights and battle damage etc.


The base is a cast from a friend over at Codex of War and I am very happy with the extra "presence" it gives the moody model. Also conveniently it has three skulls in a pile which is as we all know Nurgles favourite number :)


I need to have this guy and an Abaddon model ready for Bristol Vanguards Vanquish tournament in about three weeks which hopefully won't be a problem.

- Martok

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.