• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Groups

Our FLGS
UK Bloggers Group
Tale of Painters
Bell of Lost Souls, Warhammer and Wargames News
From the Warp

Followers

Follow by Email

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Sanguinis Extremis

A Horus Heresy Project

Mordheim Campaign 2013

Follow the story of a Marienburg Warband

Minotuars

A Space Marine Project

Warmahordes

Tactics, Modelling and Painting with Privateer Press

Word Bearers

A Chaos Space Marine Project

PIP - Horus Heresy Blood Angels Contemptor Dreadnought


My first Horus Heresy Blood angels Contemptor is well on his way to being finished. The Airbrush work is done and 99.9% of the brush work is done. I am going to go back in and try to highlight the gold sections with some Advice from my buddy Joel to use a silver with some added white for a sharp highlight. Also now I see the pic above I need to work on the lenses a little more.




I still haven't decided what I think is the best pose for this guy luckily as he is totally magnetized I can play around with this forever :).


I was really pleased with the way the Sons of Horus Razorback hatch looks and I think i am getting happier with painting their colour scheme... I might have to paint a one off model just for the practice (and because I want to ha).


Above you can see a better view of the FW Blood Angels Brass Etch that I have used. The Brass Etch really helps add extra character to somewhat generic models. 


The basing is pretty early at the moment with base colors and some washes. I shall have to highlight it up and maybe give it another wash. Then onto oils and pigments.





I also want to try some heat bloom on the gun barrels like I have seen Joel do on his Contemptor here.

There isn't that much left to do but it will all take some time. With any luck I shall be able to run a Showcase post for him soon.

- Martok

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.