• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

Groups

Our FLGS
UK Bloggers Group
Tale of Painters
Bell of Lost Souls, Warhammer and Wargames News
From the Warp

Followers

Follow by Email

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Sanguinis Extremis

A Horus Heresy Project

Mordheim Campaign 2013

Follow the story of a Marienburg Warband

Minotuars

A Space Marine Project

Warmahordes

Tactics, Modelling and Painting with Privateer Press

Word Bearers

A Chaos Space Marine Project

Showcase - Horus Heresy Blood Angels Chapter Champion


The Blood Angels are nearing the minimum 2 troops and HQ I need to be able to use them on the Tabletop in a painted state. For the time being (read until I get a Praetor to hack up and convert) this guy will be my HQ.



The conversion is relatively simple as it is mainly a kitbash. The legs are actually made from 3 different pairs of legs to get the right pose with the minimum of sculpting needed.


He is essentially my version of the FW Champion model suitably blinged out as a Blood Angel with Deathmask etc.


These Blood Angels are one of my first real attempts at weathering and more detailed custom basing. I intend to make a post specifically about this in the future. Essentially the idea is that they are at the Battle of Terra. Therefore the basing is meant to look as apocalyptic as possible.


I am still undecided whether he should have a banner like the Sergeants will. It is not a major concern as I will be painting the banners in one go at the end of the army to ensure that they are consistent.

Time to get back to the painting table.

- martok

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.