Showcase - Horus Heresy Blood Angels Contemptor Dreadnought

by - 11:00


This guy is finally finished. He needs his loin cloth added but I have decided to resculpt that so it will be added whenever it is complete.

Check out the Horus Heresy Blood Angels Contemptor Dreadnought Showcase.




Preshading this guy was the most important step. Without that the blends would have been incredibly difficult.


A mix of red glazes and some purple washes were needed to bring the red up as well as to knock it back down in places.


The weathering is traditional sponge chipping followed by one of my first attempts at using pigments. I learnt alot weathering the base and hopefully the next Contemptor of the unit will be even better.


After inspiration from my buddy Joel over at the PaintMyBits Studio I really went to town on the base using old model parts, bricks from Secret Weapon Miniatures and all kinds of plasticard offcuts. I must say that I am pretty pleased with the final piece.

There are more Blood angels Showcases lined up and even an extra special showcase from Joel so keep an eye out for these in the coming weeks.

- Martok

You May Also Like

0 comments

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.