Armies on Parade 2014 - Minotaurs

by - 12:00


I am planning on trying my hand at an Armies on Parade entry for next year. The idea is based around the epic Space Battle during the Badab War where the Minotaurs chapter almost annihilated the Lamenters.

The actual display will be a hanger bay on board the Lamenters Battle Barge with the Minotaurs boarding in force. This means I will need to paint some Lamenters to take a pasting as well :D



First off is the list:

HQ
Asterion Moloc
235

HQ
Librarians
Mastery Level 2
Teleport Homer
100

Elites
9 Sternguard
5 Combi-Meltas
258
+
Transport
Drop Pod
35

Elites
5 Assault Terminators
5 TH/SSs
225

Troops
8 Space Marines
Plasmagun
Combi-Plasma
137
+
Transport
Drop Pod
35

Troops
10 Space Marines
Plasmagun
Combi-Plasma
165
+
Transport
Drop Pod
35

Heavy Support
Fire Raptor
220

Heavy Support
3 Centurion Devastators
3 Missile Launchers
3 Grav-Cannons and Grav-Amps
280

1725


Keep in mind that this army list is developed purely around a theme. That theme is a boarding force. Therefore, anything that didn't seem useful in a boarding force was out. The list that s left shoudl be fun for tournaments with quick games where I either have a great alpha strike or get smashed early turns. Either way it should be quite enjoyable. I have a few points left so there will be some tweaks to go!

Next up is the initial sketch for the display board. This will be 2'x2' and probably almost as tall to accommodate the Fire Raptor:

Apologies for the rough sketch and info. I shall work on getting some more detailed drawings with exact scales etc. I will work out where I want Lamenters and hanger crew to be.. I already have this epic image of Asterion smashing a Lamenters Sergeant into the ground with his shield.

Anyone have any experience doing this kind of thing? It will be a challenge but one I am really looking forward to.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.