Warmahordes - Legion of Everblight Scather Crew Unit Review

by - 12:00



Back again for another week, and this time I'm going to look that I haven't used yet, but after looking at the rules I think I may be fielding very soon (as long as the boss approves of the purchase(Martok - For once this isn't me but SWMBO)), the Blighted Nyss Scather Crew.



I must admit that I had never really considered this unit before, I like the model, but I just never saw a place that I could get it to fit into my force, but having spent quite a bit of time looking and thinking about I have realised that I have made a mistake.

The Scather Crew is slow, it's SPD4 and not move and fire ability makes it a long haul across the table for the first 2 turns, but once it's there, it's going to be good.

With a RNG of 15, arcing fire, POW 14 and an AOE of 3 it doesn't initially look too impressive compared to a lot in the Legion's arsenal, but when looking a bit more closely, it has a bit of a gem, Scather.


The AOE put into play will stay in that location for 1 turn, this is something I want to use against one type of force and one play style that I find a pain to deal with, Wind Wall.

Dropping this on a Wind Wall force (they stay in a block and move drives me a bit insane) will cause it some real issues.  Not only will the initial drop do a fair amount of damage (POW 7 damage rolls should finish off a lot of infantry) it will force your opponent to move differently in his next turn, and hopefully split up the force to move around it. Stopping Wind Wall in it's tracks. The bonus of corrosion damage is just the icing on the cake.


I don't have much else to add to this, the Scather's ranged attack is the strength of this unit, and a good strength at that.  It is something I hope to be able to try out soon (I think it will work well with my Bethayne force) and once I have some more experience with it I will update my thoughts on it.


Keep the cogs of war turning, I'm off to get some more painting done.

Gormag

You May Also Like

0 comments

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.